St. Lucia is an Eastern Caribbean island nation with a pair of dramatically tapered mountains, the Pitons, on its west coast. Its coast is home to volcanic beaches, reef diving sites, luxury resorts and fishing villages. Trails in the interior rainforest lead to waterfalls like the 15 mile high Toraille, which pours over a cliff into a garden. The capital, Castries, is a popular cruise port.
If you are looking for an unusual dive destination with strong components of romance, creature comforts, adventure and dive professionalism, Anse Chastanet Resort should definitely be on your wish list. While here, make time to visit the terrestrial delights of the island, including nearby wonders such as the Sulphur Springs, Diamond Waterfall and Mineral Baths, the Rain Forest and, of course, a closer view of the twin volcanic spires known as the Pitons.
A passport is required for this trip.
- 7 nights Superior accommodation on the beach at Anse Chastanet
- 12 boat dives
- 2 night dives and extra scheduled beach diving
- Breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner
- Complimentary tanks, weight belts & weights
- Certified Dive Masters
- Airport transfers both ways
- Welcome cocktail
- Manager’s Rum Punch Party
- Mini-sailing, windsurfing & snorkeling
- Use of tennis court & equipment
- Guided tour of Old French Colonial Plantation
- Culinary Amenity
- Use of beach chairs & towels
- All tax and service
Facilities at the 600 acre resort include two soft sand beaches, 12 miles of jungle biking, walking and hiking trails in the Anse Mamin valley with excellent birdwatching options, 3 restaurant locations serving a variety of menus including modern Caribbbean, East India-St.Lucia fusion and vegetarian. There are 2 bars plus the Jungle Grill and Bar at Anse Mamin, an excursions and car rental desk, 2 beachside boutiques and art gallery, the Kai Belte Spa, Scuba St. Lucia, a watersports center with complimentary snorkeling gear, windsurfers, sunfish sailboats, paddleboards, Bike St. Lucia with bike rental, Kayak St. Lucia with complimentary sit on top kayaks and Prijon kayaks at a rental fee. There is wi-fi available near the reception area and there are also computers for guest usage.
- International airfare from departure city
- Personal spending money
- Dive crew gratuity
- Nitrox ($75/week)
- Beverages (including alcoholic)
- Rental gear
- Scuba Instruction
- Extra services or tours not included in package
- Spa & shopping purchases
7 nights accommodations in a Superior room on the beach at Anse Chastanet.
ANSE CHASTANET emphasizes the use of local woods and other local products in the room decor and furnishings. Cushions and bedspreads are made from colorful cotton fabrics called madras, the island’s “national cloth.” Even the resort bathrobes are locally made and have become a popular souvenir item!
The beachside deluxe rooms are generous in space, with coralina or clay tiles and wooden jalousie louvre windows and large balconies or patios. All beachside rooms offer a tropical garden view and are just a few feet away from the beach and water’s edge.
The beachside deluxe rooms at Anse Chastanet are air-conditioned. This is an optional feature as louvres can instead be opened for natural air flow.
All rooms have ensuite bathrooms with 2 sinks, shower and toilet.
In room amenities include fridge, tea/coffee/espresso makers, in-room electronic safes, hand made bathrobes, slippers, hair dryer, Molton Brown amenities, twice daily housekeeping service with complimentary bottled water, complimentary wi-fi.
The following is the suggested flight itiinerary while seats are available.
September 1, 2018
Depart on Delta Air Lines, Flight 1890 at 5:45 am
September 8, 2018
Return on Delta Air Lines, Flight 349 at 3:30 pm
All divers must have Dive Accident Insurance upon booking this trip. You will be asked to provide your policy number.
Divers Alert Network
Other Travel Insurance Carriers
This may not be a complete list of items you need to pack. Items listed here are what a diver needs to have a successful diving experience.
- Personal Scuba Gear
- Save a dive kit
- Boat bag
- Dry bag
- Log book
- Sun glasses
- Bug Spray
- Personal clothing
- Special activity clothing & gear
- Any medications you need
A deposit is due at time of booking.
Unfortunately, deposits are non-refundable. Why?…This is because we must pay the dive operator (or resort) in order to reserve the space you are booking.
As with all outdoor activities, bad weather or water conditions may not be known until the dive day, at the dive site, or even when we are in the water. If we do need to cancel the dive day, we will make every effort to reschedule for another day. Our dive leaders may also end a dive at any time if they believe the conditions to be potentially unsafe. We do not offer refunds or discounts due to weather, water conditions, or other unforeseen events. Please see the Trip Insurance tab to cover the cost of your trip.
A no show for whatever reason, including but not limited to flight delays, hangovers or just not getting out of bed will mean loss of payment.
For your enjoyment during your stay at Anse Chastanet, the following are offered on complimentary basis:
- Beach with beach chairs & towels
- Use of non-motorized water sports including snorkel gear, windsurfers, sit on top kayaks, Sunfish sailing, paddle boarding
- Use of tennis court and equipment
- Tennis clinic (Monday & Wednesday from 9:00 – 9:30 a.m.)
- Resort shuttle boats, Jungle Express to second beach at Anse Mamin daily for Jungle Beach Bar & Grill, beach activities, jogging and hiking
- Select Guided Walks and Hikes on the 600 acre estate with Meno – learn about history and botany
- Daily Yoga (8:30 – 9:30 a.m. and 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. in the beach yoga gazebo)
- Creole History Class in the Beach Bar Friday at 11:30 a.m.
- Daily Live Entertainment in the Piton Bar except Tuesdays when entertainment takes place in the beach bar
- Library located in the Piton Bar with Wi-fi connection and complimentary guest computer
- Chocolate Sensory Tasting at Emerald Restaurant, Tuesday from 10:00 – 10:30 a.m.
- Paddle board yoga demonstration every Tuesday from 12:15 p.m.
- History, benefits and uses of Aromatherapy presented by Spa Manager at Beach Spa, Tuesday at 5:30 p.m.
- Underwater Slideshow at the Scuba center, Tuesday at 6:00 p.m.
- Manager’s Cocktail Reception (Tuesday 6:30-7:30 p.m. in the beach bar)